I’ve worked as a freelance sub-editor for many popular titles, such as Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Now, Radio Times and The Sun’s Fabulous Magazine.
Plus I’ve been a chief sub-editor twice, at both Emap and The National Magazine Company (now Hearst UK), and previously spent more than a decade on the subs’ desk at You Magazine (The Mail on Sunday).
Key strengths include:
- A thorough understanding of the production process, from start to finish
- Advanced knowledge of Word and InDesign
- The ability to edit news, features and interviews with equal flair, polishing copy where required without losing the writer’s own voice
- Meticulous fact-checking and proofreading skills
- Generating must-read headlines and sells
- NCTJ qualification in media law
- Strong digital background with experience of CMS
- Proven track record of meeting strict deadlines
To check availability for sub-editing shifts, please visit the contact page.